Build against the slope, the outline of its cavea is still recognizable. The seats of white limestone and red porphyry were destroyed between 1927-1937. Two seats that escaped destruction have been placed in the cavea. In antiquity the riverbed was channeled through this area by rock retaining walls such as may be seen still partly upright farther south. During the festivals a wooden orchestra floor must have covered this wide channel. In late antiquity the ancient channel was converted into an underground concrete culvert. This was restored after the excavation to protect the ruins from further destruction by the swollen winter stream. Above the ancient cavea the visitor saw the Nike of Samothrace and the southern end of the Stoa.
|ELME A Evros||25/04/2018||50.00|
|3D LASER SCANNER||4.370.00|
|Ancient theatre of Samothrace – travel expanses Mr Karadedos trip||612.00|