Varvakeio Model Junior High School students adopt iconic ancient Greek theatres and introduce Greek students abroad to them
Cross – curricular teaching scenario combining English Language and History of Drama in Varvakeio Model Junior High School – part 2
“Boulouki” – The participatory project ‘Under the Landscape’
For the first time, works of contemporary art are exhibited at the Archaeological Museum of Ancient Messene.
The “Morea” Cultural Route
Ancient theater, one of the most splendid achievements of the ancient Greek civilization, is at the heart of all Diazoma activities. The Diazoma memorandum of association presents our philosophy and function, and states the aims that we aspire to achieve.
Diazoma seeks to assist relevant civil services and academics in the research, protection, restoration, enhancement and promotion of the ancient venues, and to support, wherever feasible, the interaction between these wonderful monuments and contemporary cultural creation.
Diazoma seeks to make the general public more aware of the beauty, values, principles and ideals of ancient theaters in various ways. It organizes events and campaigns for each theater, adopts monuments and assists with funding their restoration, and utilizes relevant new technologies to support its cause. Further Diazoma pursues the following aims:
• to persuade the economic forces of Greece to contribute to this effort as sponsors
• To motivate local communities to gain a new respect for their local heritage through enabling them to be more physically interactive with these monuments
• to raise Greek citizens’ awareness of their cultural heritage, while at the same time supporting contemporary cultural creation
• to offer a creative outlet and help improve the quality of people’s daily lives globally
• to challenge the perception that monuments are outdated, and detached from contemporary society, and to help bring them back into daily use for people
• please read Diazoma Citizens’ movement for the enhancement of ancient theaters (p.93-98).